Friday, December 12, 2008

Step 1 to my USRN license

Surprisingly! just 19 days after I requested for my fingerprint card via internet from the Board of Registered Nursing in Sacramento, California,I have finally received it.
My very first step towards becoming a registered nurse in the United States. I kinda freaked out like it's already my exam date tomorrow! even if I know that it would still take months until I get my eligibility to take it.

For the reason that I haven't decided yet about some major factors: what state should I apply for and that how am I going to fill my application up since I still don't know exactly what to do? Well..I do and I can easily get tips and the "How to's" from my very helpful Friends, but, I think anxiety always get into my nerves whenever I deal with legal and important documents.

There's this fear that I might commit a mistake even with just the personal section of the form and that it may be a reason for my application's invalidation or something like that. The indescribable feeling of submitting the needed pages to be taken care of my school and the Professional Regulation Commission and just everything. Despite that, and as always, I never let my burning positivity lose its flame.
I was expecting the fingerprint card on January but maybe the Board of Nursing wanted to throw a Christmas surprise for me. Hahaha. THANKS! ;)

And...I guess I'll just apply for California.
God it's like a hush fell over my world after I received the letter. Even if this is just the first step and that I still have to undergo processes that are scrutinizing (some are mentioned above), I'm already excited, hoping for my luck and looking forward to my new becoming and the fulfillment of my dreams. As I see clouds clearing up for me in the upcoming year of the Ox.

I see this as an inspiration. a sustaining fuel to my engine. I'm grateful once again. :)

4 comments:

cat said...

Cali is beautiful but has major problems. I'll email u the details.

Singer-Nurse said...

Really? Thanks, I'll be waiting for that mail. It'll help me :) and so How about in PA?

fleduhh said...

Cali has the less requirements but, with the recession.. this is going to be challenging for all of us... wish me luck jhayz!

jess de mesa said...

hi! just bumped into your blog. how's your nclex processing? hope all is great. im also expecting my eligibility anytime soon. good luck to us :) hope you could add me to your blog list. i'll add u as well if you like. let me know :)